In order to make efficient use of time and financial resources, to ensure effective learning, and to have a flexible system, SOTS has developed the training programme outlined below:
- online study primarily computer-based;
- instructor availability via e-learning management system;
- student testing and examinations via web-based tools.
A demanding learning system based on:
- individual study;
- no direct interaction between students and instructors due to the absence of the traditional classroom setting.
Learning management system: Its-learning
The learning management system (Its-learning) will be used as the Internet platform in the study programme.
- Instructors’ lessons will be streamed and displayed on the Internet allowing students to watch lessons anywhere and at any time.
- The lectured streamed lessons are combined with presentations containing pictures and animations to make the study material engaging and easy to follow.
- Its-learning will be the tool which will enable efficient communication between students and instructors.
- Subject matter and exercises/tests will be displayed via Its-learning. At intervals throughout the study programme, students will find questions that will need to be answered correctly before being allowed to continue.