Technical College Petroleum (TCP) offers specialized distance learning programs tailored specifically for offshore and onshore personnel within Drilling Departments who possess the knowledge required to assume higher positions. Other professionals in the field are encouraged to attend this study program in order to further their knowledge within Petroleum Technology.
These programs aim at providing training to drilling technicians, whose qualifications lie between those of skilled workers and engineers. Drilling technicians will have sufficient professional competence to supervise operational personnel on board drilling units.
- drilling personnel already assigned to higher positions;
- drilling personnel with the abilities, motivation and potential to enter a higher position within the drilling hierarchy;
- onshore or offshore employees who want to increase their theoretical knowledge of petroleum technology.
There are four main modules in TCP level I.
- Exploration, Drilling and Completion
- Production and Well Service
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Drilling Specialization
After each module there is an assessment test and a candidate must pass all four module tests before taking the final exam. The final exam can be taken online or at SOTS. This will depend on arrangements made on a case to case basis.
TCP level I provides candidates with solid theoretical knowledge that meet criteria for Derrickman level.
Candidates are required to have at least 3 years of relevant work experience or educational background. Applications are subject to screening.
Level I takes a minimum of 6 months although this can be extended upon request.
Fees include the full internet-based study package of:
- Online learning and study materials
- Streamed lectures
- Instructor Support
Fees may be subject to adjustments on a yearly basis according to general changes in the industry.
To attend the study programme or to request more information please contact:
Stella Aguirre (+47 51 50 03 15, firstname.lastname@example.org).